Cranio Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing your craniosacral system, which is made up of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and protects your brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than five grams or about the weight of a dime, CST releases restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. CST also works with the fascia and connective tissue in the body. This can help your body heal from accidents or trauma you have experienced many years ago. The light touch in CST can direct and release restrictions are causing the body’s need for adaptation.
Somato Emotional. Release (SER) isa therapeutic process that uses and expands upon the principles of CST to help rid the mind and body of the residual effects of trauma.
Dr Books is trained in three versions of cranio sacral therapy:
l) Cranio Sacral Therapy and Somato Emotional Release from John Upledger, D.O. (www.upledger.com)
2) She holds advanced certification in Sacral Occiptal Technique with Major DeJarnette, D.C. (www.sotousa.clm and www.sorsi.com)
3) She has taken numerous cranial classes via Applied Kinesiology (George Goodheart, D.C.)
“It hardly seems like she’s doing anything, and yet you get these amazing results.”
“My daughter, who watched me receive a CST session, said she could literally watch my whole body relax as CST was applied after I experienced a doozy of a concussion.” EB Austin
Cranio Sacral Therapy is effective for:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Central nervous system disorders
- Orthopedic problems
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Learning disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional difficulties
- Stress and Tension-related problems
- Post-surgical dysfunction