Books Neural Therapy™, a natural, non-drug, one-on-one hands-on intervention program that addresses underlying neurological and structural issues that often accompany learning and behavior issues. BNT utilizes a multi-disciplinary, whole-body approach, that has been well-documented and field tested. BNT is based on the latest advances in neurosciences and grounded in biology.Dr. Phyllis Books’ systematic technique improves, and often reverses, the neurological deficits accompanying learning disabilities and differences, Dyslexia, ADHD, behavioral issues, head traumas, eye tracking and balance, TMJ and various chronic health conditions.
It has changed the lives of thousands of individuals around the world.
- We offer a unique and comprehensive program that starts with the very foundation of the learning process – the body itself.
- Our brain and our body develop in stages. Books Neural Therapy follows those natural stages.
- We learn long before we start school. All the neurological processing and developmental stages must be in order for reading and other learning to develop with ease. Foundations need to be built in stages so they are strong and resilient. By addressing the various stages of neurological development and correcting any weaknesses, Books Neural Therapy helps “upgrade” the entire system; thus increasing efficiency and reducing wear and tear on the whole person. Human beings are complex.
- Addressing a problem from only one viewpoint often corrects only part of the problem. Books Neural Therapy utilizes a wide range of therapies including the latest advances in neuroscience as well as common sense and natural, non-drug methods of enhancing learning, coordination and self-esteem.
- Our goal is not compensation (treating learning differences as a permanent condition you must learn to live with), but rehabilitation. We work towards a permanent correction of the problem. Contrary to popular belief, learning differences can be temporary conditions that are treatable.
WHAT EXACTLY WILL YOU DO?
- First, a thorough examination and testing is performed. No two people are exactly alike, and the severity and range of issues require a tailor-made program for each person.
- Second, as actual treatment begins, the body is gently repositioned and light acupressure is applied to key points so the nervous system can perform one of its basic functions – holding the head and body upright. Walking becomes more coordinated and posture improves; right and left hemispheres of the brain begin to communicate with each other as intended.
- Third, the cranial bones are realigned since malposition of these bones in the head can cause disorganization in the central nervous system. This is especially important after head trauma, whiplash or accidents to the head or tailbone.
- Fourth, the jaw joint (TMJ) is addressed. An imbalance in jaw muscles can pull the skull bones out of their normal position and cause abnormal pressure on the central nervous system. This causes perceptual problems associated with learning differences.
- Fifth, eye tracking, which refers to the coordination of the eye muscles when reading and writing as well as for balance and orientation, is evaluated and corrected. Reading, speech, comprehension and overall academic performance often improve dramatically after this section.
- Sixth, individualized corrections and strategies are implemented for reading, writing, math, spelling, memory and auditory processing. Emotional clearing, developing new habits, learning strategies and exercises to do at home are implemented.